Friday, December 23, 2011

Neapolitan Pancakes


Neapolitan (chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla) is one of my favorite flavors of ice cream so I thought I would try making my kids pancakes using those flavors. I normally whip up a batch of healthy pancakes using yogurt and whole wheat flour but I had hungry kids who wanted breakfast immediately so I used a pancake mix (Bisquick). I added some vanilla bean to the batter, then fresh strawberries and chocolate chips were added to the pancakes while they were cooking. These pancakes were a snap to make and my kids LOVED them - they gobbled up every single last bite.

Neapolitan Pancakes:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
  • 2 cups of pancake mix (I used Bisquick)
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 vanilla bean
  • Strawberries, diced into small pieces
  • Milk chocolate chocolate chips

Combine the pancake mix, milk and egg together in a bowl. Slice the vanilla bean down the center then using the dull side of the knife, scrape all the seeds out of each side of the bean. Add the seeds to the pancake batter.

Pour about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto a hot nonstick griddle or skillet. Top each pancake with pieces of the strawberry and chocolate chips.

Cook 2 minutes or until the tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Carefully turn pancakes over; cook 2 more minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Served slathered in butter and topped with maple syrup. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Powered by Blogger.